We have an opening for the Honorary Secretary
The Charity's is overseen by a Management Committee of Trustees, in a voluntary capacity, either as a representative of a user group, appointed or co-opted.
We are working towards the goal of ensuring the facility remains sustainable, to enable the charity to improve people's lives with activities and services. The facility is rated as a 4.6 on google reviews!
You would be welcomed into a forward thinking team and given support with training.
The Responsibilities of the Honorary Secretary typically include:
• • Planning and organising meetings including ensuring proper notice is given, in accordance with the governing document.
• • Receiving agenda items, preparing and circulating agendas and any supporting papers for Annual General Meetings, any other General Meetings and trustee meetings, in consultation with the Chair.
• • Checking that a quorum is present at meetings (the quorum is the minimum number of committee members who must be present at a management meeting before a vote can be taken on a course of action).
• • Taking and distributing minutes of meetings; ensuring these cover all the key points of the meetings and making sure there is a clear system for actions.
• • Notifying the correct individuals of incoming correspondence.
• • Ensuring all matters relating to the appointment, election and retirement of trustees is in accordance with the governing document.
• • Ensuring legal requirements are complied with, for example providing information to the Charity Commission.
The Honorary Secretary should:
• • Book a suitable room and ensure it is laid out appropriately and that any relevant documents are to hand. It is useful to have spare copies of the agenda, last minutes and any reports in case members have not brought theirs.
• • Act as a prompt to the Chair, passing him or her the appropriate papers.
• • Ask the Chair to clarify what exactly has been agreed and what needs to be recorded in the notes if it is a bit vague or unclear.
Desirable skills, but open to discussion for the right candidate -
• • Organisational ability
• • Knowledge or experience of business and committee procedures
• • Minute taking experience
If you would like to know more, please email Victoria Gray, Chair and Project Outcomes Manager on email@example.com