WEREHAM VILLAGE HALL
In light of the most recent government guidelines in respect of the use of community facilities such as village halls we are currently planning a phased reopening of Wereham Village Hall, and the reintroduction of a range of activities and events there, commencing on Monday 13 July.
This decision has only been reached after very careful consideration and extensive discussion to ensure the safety of all of our staff and customers. We have carried out a full risk assessment and have consulted closely with current users of the building and other members of the local community.
Some activities will commence in July, whilst others are not planned to restart until August or September. In line with current government regulations regular groups, clubs and societies will be able to meet again at the Hall. However, at this stage we cannot allow anyactivities that would normally take place in a gym or fitness or dance studio. Additionally, atthe moment we are unable to accept private party bookings or to stage any indoor performances. However, monthly cinema shows will take place, albeit with reduced seating capacity. For further details you are advised to contact the individual group organiser and/or check the Village Hall website and facebook page.
We are introducing a number of measures to facilitate customers’ use of the building whilstensuring their safety and wellbeing. These include:
• Extra staff training
• A self completed register for all users on entering the building
• Clearly defined entry and exit points
• Strict control of numbers in order to maintain social distancing and to avoid congestion
• The provision of hand sanitiser at designated points
• Regular cleaning of all contact points within the building (handles, switches, tables, chairs etc)
• A “one in one out” system for the toilets, with cleaning wipes and hand washing facilities for customer use
• Reduced seating capacities
• The cafe will only be open for specific events and will operate on a “take-away” basis, with single use items such as sugar sachets and disposable cups.
It will be the responsibility of all group leaders to provide their own risk assessment, to maintain accurate records of all attendees and to retain a register of users, as well as taking responsibility for their members adherence to the safe use of the building, with provision for them to carry out surface cleaning before and after their activity.
We are certain that by working together and respecting each other, we can provide a safe environment for everyone at Wereham Village Hall. After a period of several months closure, this is clearly a new phase for us. We will be doing everything that we can to ensure that we can welcome everyone back to the Village Hall in a safe, secure and healthy way. However, if you have any concerns, or ideas on how we can serve you better, please let us know by email - email@example.com or phone 01366 502214. We will be updating information regularly. Please keep checking our website and facebook pages for the latest news.
We value your continued support and look forward to seeing you again soon