Wereham Village Hall is a small business in King's Lynn PE33 9AP.
We are supportive and engaging.
This is a post funded jointly by Sport England and the Big Lottery to develop a sustainable programme of activities, events and services at the Village Hall, helping to encourage people from the local and surrounding communities to become involved both as participants and as audience members. The post holder will also play a key role in the day to day management and development of the building ensuring that all facilities and services are maintained to the highest standard and promoted to all sections of the local and wider community, whilst ensuring the financial sustainability of the facility.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
• To develop working relationships with local partners to support delivery of a range of activities and services
• To ensure the promotion of activities and events and engage with target audiences to maximise both participation and attendances
• To develop previous initiatives aimed at encouraging the participation of young people
• To develop previous initiatives aimed at encouraging people of all ages to be active with an emphasis on improving people’s health and well-being
• To develop the means to monitor and evaluate outcomes and outputs from the activities in line with funding commitments and in ways that strengthen future funding proposals
• To work with the Facility Co-ordinator to ensure the running of the facility and services and activities within
• To engage with and develop volunteer roles
• To act as House Manager for Village Hall produced activities and events, co-ordinating all requirements and services for such events
• To be the main point of contact for potential hirers and regular users of the building
• To carry out other duties as may be required to meet the requirements of the postExperience and skills required:
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects
• Ability to work on your own initiative
• Proven customer service skills
• To be a good communicator and have the ability to engage with the public, business community and a range of regular users of the building
• An enthusiastic individual who is flexible and well organised
• Recent working knowledge of Microsoft applications, as well as database management and experience of social media
• To develop and deliver strategies to meet the Charity’s Strategic Plan with the support of the Charity’s trustees and external partners
• It would be advantageous to hold a DBS certification
• A driving licence
Hours of work:
An average of 24 hours per week.
Days and times would be flexible to suit the job role. This may require some evening and weekend work in support of individual activities and events.
Salary: £14,175 (based on 24 hours per week)12 month fixed term contract in the first instance
How to apply:
CV with a covering letter, outlining the skills and experience you can bring to this role.
Contract length: 12 monthsPart-time hours: 24 per weekApplication deadline: 31/01/2022
Job Types: Part-time, TemporarySalary: £14,175.00 per year
COVID-19 considerations:Following COVID-19 regulations, ongoing changes can be made.