This is a post funded by Sport England as part of a project to develop a sustainable programme of sport and physical activity at the facility, helping to encourage people from the local and surrounding communities to be active and drive forward the financial sustainability of the activities and facility. To achieve this we aim to share best practice with Sport England and other stake holders to aid the development of further sporting and other physical activities. The post will also include the wider objectives of the charity’s project to improve people lives with new activities and services, and to meet the needs of local businesses, whilst ensuring the financial sustainability of the facility.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
• To develop and deliver strategies to meet the outcomes of the charity’s project and stakeholders, with the support of the Charity’s Trustees and external partners.
• Develop the means to monitor and evaluate outcomes and outputs from the activities in line with funding commitments and in ways that strengthen future funding proposals.
• Evaluate the effectiveness of the project and report back to the Trustees, funders and partners.
• Create advertising material, with the support of partners, and co-ordinate its delivery via the office staff, Trustees and partner organisations.
• To develop working relationships with local partners to support delivery of new activities and services.
• Ensure the promotion of activities and engage with the target audiences to achieve increased participation.
• To engage with and develop volunteer roles.
• To work with the Facility Coordination Team to ensure the running and promotion of the facility and the activities and services within.
• Coordinate Facility Co-ordination staff cover.
• Carry out other duties as may be required from time to time to meet the requirements of the job.
Experience and skills required:
• Ability to manage multiple projects
• Experience of applying for funding and delivering funded projects including evaluating and reporting to stakeholders.
• Proven ability to create and develop working practices, analyse and use judgement to identify the best solution to a range of different problems and issues
• An appreciation of the relationship between sport, physical activities, funding and business.
• An understanding of the positive impact that activities can have on participant’s physical health and mental wellbeing.
• An understanding of the local, regional and national partners.
• The ability to work utilising your own initiative, being an enthusiastic individual who is flexible, well organised, able to take responsibility for your own actions and performance, being trustworthy and reliable
• To be a good communicator (oral and written) and able to engage well with the public.
• To have Maths and English to GCSE/O Level (or demonstrate equivalent skills).
• Recent working knowledge of Microsoft applications – Word, Excel (particularly VLOOKUP, filtering, sorting and analytical graphics), PowerPoint and Outlook, as well as database management and experience of social media
• Ability to work in a paperless system.
• It would be advantageous to hold DBS certification
• Driving licence
Hours of work
24 hours per week. Days and times are flexible to suit the job role. This may on occasion, entail some evening and week-end working for the purpose of evidencing or promotion of activities.
How to apply
CV with a covering email to email@example.com, outlining the skills and experience you can bring to this role, by the deadline of 1st of March.
Interviews will be held from the 8th of March. We reserve the right to withdraw the post as soon as a suitable candidate can be appointed.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: £20,202 per annum pro-rata
12-month fixed term contract.
See Here to apply